Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween, has come & gone

Halloween was fun this year...I made cake pops for the first time which was not an entirely fun process. My original plan was to do the first part on Friday night and the icing and decorating portion on Saturday with my nephews. I felt under the weather on Friday so I didn't cake pop prep, I just slept! I did all the the cake pop prep on Saturday and it's quite a lengthy process. My nephew Gael enjoyed decorating the cake pops :).
Our nephews spent Saturday night with us and we watched It's a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. They loved the movie and it was the first time they watchied it, defenitely a halloween staple.

On Halloween my nephews came to our place and we gave out candy and then the oldest and I went around the neighborhood for trick or treating. I was surprised how great the candy was, two big candy bars, one huge stick of candy and his bag was filled. We just encountered one odd candy giver, she came out with a strange looking box with skulls on it reminiscent to the day of the dead skulls and threw pennies in his trick or treat bag and a skull bracelet for me for good luck. I think I was more scared of her than Gael was!









No comments:

Post a Comment