Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Twilight, Wedding & Recliners, oh my!



Last weekend was full of fun and friends. Full Moon Friday meant Jacob took the night off from work. We stayed in and made popcorn using the Nostalgia popcorn machine my mom gave us last year. I loved using this machine! I need to buy some interesting sauces for popcorn, any recommendations? I bought different popcorn seasonings and added some butter. We put on Twilight, our newest Netflix dvd, and we both fell asleep within thirty minutes. Since we will most likely see Breaking Dawn in the movie theatre, he wanted to catch up on all the movies. It's actually ridiculous when I actually catch him up on the books and say "In Breaking Dawn, Bella gets married, has a honeymoon in Brazil, gets pregnant with a half human half vampire baby that's killing her from the inside and then Edward eats through her placenta to get the baby out." Yes and I like this series for some reason. It reminds me of when I liked all the WB shows when I was a teen such as Buffy, Roswell, Dawson's Creek, Popular and etc. It brings me back to that teen world when the only responsibility I had was to do well at school. Now I am adult and have bills to pay, meals to cook, a house to clean, a husband and a dog to care for, parents that I see slowly aging, a 9 to 5 job that I have so many rules to remember, and etc. But I wouldnt trade this life for any other including my teen years.

On Saturday I made eggs and bacon and whisked a few eggs beforehand more so than I usually do and then put the pan on low heat. The eggs were so fluffy and yummy! Later that day, we went to our friends, Candice & James' wedding at the River Center. So glad we are a 5 minute drive away from the venue. We made it with plenty time to spare. Candice and I worked together a few years ago at CCA. I was able to catch up a bit with a former co-worker Martin and his family who were present as well. Candice is one of the most kindest and generous people that I have been so lucky to call my friend. Jacob and I both teared up a bit during the ceremony. Candice was so happy and glowing the entire time :) Her mom is a florist and took care of all the flowers. The brides bouquet was full of peonies and so pretty. J and I went into the photo booth twice and they had some cool props. The food was yummy and all organic and they had many vegan options too. The cake table was pretty and the cake topper was so adorable!




On Sunday I met up with my friend Tani, her hubby, her cousin Jill and her hubby and friend Megan at the Rose Bowl Flea market. Meghan was looking for a dining table and chair set, Jill a mirror, and I was looking for a Glass Cloche Bell jar and I bought a nice punch bowl set instead! Once I got home Jacob and I went to a few stores in Glendale to look for recliners and we lucked out so the search continues. I did buy some thanksgiving necessities at Macy's since we are having Thanksgiving at our place this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment