Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Night with the Boys and Brawny Man!

On Saturday I ran errands with my mom…Then went back home to get things ready before the boys came over to spend the night. Whenever the boys come over we need to baby proof our place for Benicio by blocking off the staircase, closing the bedroom and bathroom doors, removing coasters and small items from his reach and etc. We may need to purchase outlet protectors and latches for the lower kitchen & bathroom cabinets. We talked about doing this until we had our own kids but since the boys our coming over more often, we may need to do it sooner rather than later!


I set out some arts and crafts items that I have accumulated over time so the boys and I could work on together. Pinwheels, a clothespin robot and a harvest leaf crown were our accomplishments for the night. Benicio drew on paper and put Mickey Mouse stickers on his art, you can never be too young to create! We had pasta for dinner and then I put Benicio to bed while Tio Jacob and Gael played a Lego video game.

On Sunday after a breakfast of pumpkins waffles, eggs and turkey bacon, my sister came to pick up the boys. She stayed for a few hours and Jacob tried to teach her how to use iTunes and how to download music to her iPhone. She then left and I went on my way to pick up Bailey from the groomers at K-9 Loft in Silverlake. I bought a new harness for Bailey called the Easy Walk harness. We bought a prong collar when we first got Bailey because he pulled so much. The Easy Walk harness pulls from the chest and not the neck like the prong collar does. Bailey is a much better walker than he used to be and I don't think we need the prong collar anymore. After I dropped him off at the house, I went to Target. I bought some pretty sweaters as well as boring house stuff. I also bought Jacob a flannel shirt and with his new moustache he looked like the Brawny man. All he needs is to grow out his hair to look exactly like him.







After target I met up with my friend Zahava who was in town for a few days and we caught up at Starbucks. Once she had to go I headed to CVS and bought Sally Hansen Nail Strips. Ever since I heard of these I was curious to test them out. I got the Laced up color and was thoroughly pleased with it.


For Dinner J & I treated ourselves to go to Maximilano’s in Highland park. A new restaurant owned by the same chef as Oinkster. The restaurants' design and decor is modern and interesting. We shared the mushroom and sausage pizza, Jacob had the chicken ravioli and I had the vegetable soup and we shared the olive oil ice cream with salted caramel. All very delicious. Zack de La Rocha from Rage Against the Machine was also having dinner a few tables away from us. This is the 5th or 6th time we have seen him around our neighborhood.




I borrowed these pictures from Yelp, is that allowed? I forgot to bring my camera with us that night :(

1 comment:

  1. You're too funny, Mona!!
    Love u,
    Mustache Man/Brawny Man aka Tio J

    ReplyDelete