Friday, September 23, 2011

29 Candles



On the 19th of August I turned 29. I recently decided to log my journey to 30 and am now one month behind. I had to work on my birthday. I was being a whiny wanda that morning and I let everyone that I talk to frequently at work know that. I mentioned it was my birthday to a colleague in the morning, we work in different departments but I submit deposits to him everyday. He’s about a 6.5 on the creep meter, nice married older harmless man but sometimes the niceties come off weird for some reason. On this day his creep level reached 10.5 when after lunch he came by my cubicle and with little blue bag in tow. My mind sees the bag and hopes it isn’t what I think it is. I open it and it is, a Tiffany’s bracelet. Who does that!?? He got it at his lunch hour. I was so incredibly uncomfortable and in shock. I did not want to keep it. It all just felt so weird. He left and then after I regained my composure, I walked it back to him. I felt safer to give it to him when he was at his work station behind the secure glass window. He wasn’t happy that I gave it back to him. I felt once I gave him back the gift he would understand how inappropriate he was.

So that is how my birthday started, just peachy, not! After work, I had dinner with Jacob, my husband of two months at that point, and my family. We went to a tiny Italian place in Highland Park and we had to wait but it was worth it. On Saturday, J and I fondued, yum! Sunday was brunch with J and some of our closest friends, the people that we see the most these days were present. It's funny how throughout the years you can be very close or not as close as before with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment