Thursday, September 29, 2011

Drive



The Drive soundtrack is AMAZING! The music has an 80s electro pop with whimsical trance like feel to it. I listened to the soundtrack when I walked my dog the other day. The music is so rad that it made me feel cool even as I was picking up my dog's business. Now that says a lot!

Last sunday, J and i went to see the movie Drive. I do not dig violent movies but this wasn’t a typical shoot em up flick. Ryan G. (my crush) was very bada$$ in this movie. The first half of the movie was calm and serene and displayed the Los Angeles I love and see on a daily basis. Then the movie takes a turn and becomes darker.
There was a very sweet scene in which the Driver carries Benicio the little boy of the love interest, melted my heart! I also loved the elevator scene where the driver carries up the groceries while Benicio stares at him, smiles and then puts his hand on his face. My nephew does that when he gets shy.

Towards the middle of the movie an obnoxious man seated behind us said "this was a waste of my time and the worst movie i have ever seen, I need a smoke." A few ladies sitting next to him giggled endlessly at his remarks. Of course we were quiet while this man said all these things just tried to focus on the movie and drown him out. I was imagining telling him off in a clever way but I didn’t have the guts to do it. I like to be polite and wish others would have the same consideration.

BTW every time my hubby carries our nephews it not only melts but gets me excited for the day we are ready to start our own little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment