Friday, September 23, 2011

Saturday Morning Visitors

Friday was my nephews’ fifth birthday and he spent the night at our place. On Saturday morning I gave him a bath and helped him get dressed. I was going to go in the bathroom to shower and the doorbell rang .Our dog Bailey began to bark like crazy, he hates doorbell rings. I peaked through our window, ohh Jehovah witnesses. I only saw their backs but they already looked familiar.

Let me paint the scene Im wearing green flannel pajama pants and a blue sweatshirt, my hair is in a frizzy pony tail mess and I was wearing my glasses which I don't wear outside of the house. I opened the door and my dog barked up a storm and stood by my feet as my nephew stood next to me to see who it was. I recognized the visitors immediately. They didn't seem to recognize me at first then I greet them by name by name and realization sets in. Who is it do you ask? None other than my new boss and his wife! He starts off by saying "oh so this is where you live." He seemed a tad uncomfortable but played it off well. I apologized for being in my PJs and I have no idea why I said that. They left politely soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment