Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day Gone to the Toilet

I left work early on September 19th to accompany my mom to her doctors appointment. We didn’t receive good news. Out of respect for my moms privacy, I will keep that info under wraps for now. She took it as well as could be expected. We both asked many questions, she also made a few funny remarks and laughed. The doctor said if she continues with her positive attitude and keeps on laughing and smiling then everything will be OK. Laughter is the best medicine, as hokey as that sounds, laughter and smiles have healing powers.

The day figuratively went down the toilet after the news about my mom and then literally did as well. That night when I was back home and watching TV with the hubby, our downstairs neighbor rang the doorbell. She asked us if we had a leak. We went to the bathroom and two inches of toilet water was quickly gushing into the main hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment